Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with intersections, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In road design,…one of the most challenging areas to address,…is an intersection.…Let's take a look at how easy InfraWorks 360…can make this type of design.…We're gonna focus on this intersection area, right here.…And when I zoom into this area and click on it…there's really not a whole lot I can do with it right now.…And the reason is, that one of these roads,…the one for the development, is a design road and the other,…the existing road, is still a sketch road.…You can tell by the different gizmos…and the red line work that's embedded in it.…
Quite a bit different look than this.…So what I need to do…for this to be a fully functional intersection…is for both roads to be design roads.…Luckily there's an easy way to do that.…All I do is click the sketch road…while edit mode is turned on…and then I can right click…and pick convert to design road.…And it's that simple.…InfraWorks 360 will go though the process…of converting the sketch geometry…to real design road geometry, horizontal curves,…vertical curves, that sort of thing.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.