Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with city furniture, part of Up and Running with InfraWorks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- When I work with City Furniture,…I'm usually down to the final finishing touches of my model,…those little details that really bring it to life.…Let's explore some examples of how City Furniture…can add life to your model and make it seem…like a real functioning place that already exists.…I've opened the chapter four Hotel Lynda model,…and I'm going to choose the City Furniture proposal.…The bookmark I'll start with in this exercise…is the hotel front door bookmark,…and as you can see, I'm zoomed in…to the front of the hotel, quite closely.…
And to bring a little life to my model,…I want to create a scene here where there are some people…in the parking lot walking out to a vehicle.…So to do that, I'll first expand my InfraWorks toolbar,…click the pencil icon to create conceptual design features,…and then I'm interested in the City Furniture tool.…I'll click the tool and choose a 3D model that I like.…Now the library is fairly extensive,…so you may want to use the filtering capability to type in…some key words to limit the amount of choices that you have.…
- Working within the InfraWorks environment
- Building a model of existing conditions
- Creating a new design with roads, coverage, and buildings
- Add detail with trees, water features, and points of interest
- Using styles to change the appearance of your design
- Presenting your design
- Analyzing your design
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
Up and Running with Civil 3Dwith Jon Michael Roberts2h 31m Beginner
1. Work within the InfraWorks Environment
2. Establish Existing Conditions
3. Create Your Design
4. Add Detail
5. Create and Apply Styles
6. Present Your Design
7. Analyze Your Design
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.