Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Surface Display (Opacity and Wireframe), part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Since the title of this chapter is…"Changing the Look of Your World",…I found it fitting to wrap up the chapter…with a quick video on two important settings…that control the display of surfaces.…The first tool I'll show you is Wireframe…and you'll find that tool by looking…at the core tools and then the Create icon…and here you'll see a wireframe icon.…Currently, it's at the bottom of my screen.…But if you're using a larger screen area,…it may be in a different position.…It's a simple toggle and when I click Wireframe,…it kind of takes away the paint or the skin on the model…and I can see the wireframe beneath that…really defines the shape of the terrain…and the objects within it.…
I don't use this a ton, but it really is a handy tool…to give me kind of an X-ray look…at the model to see the structures,…the shape of the ground,…things that are underground…and also the detail of the terrain in certain areas.…You can see how the terrain is more detailed…in areas where I did grading than it is…in maybe open areas or in existing conditions areas.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.