Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Surface Display (Opacity and Wireframe), part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- Since the title of this chapter…is Changing the Look of Your World,…I found it fitting to cover…two important surface display functions.…Let's see how they work.…I'll start with the Phase I bookmark,…which will zoom me in to the subdivision…that we've been working on.…And the first function I wanna show you is Wireframe.…And the place to find it is,…if you open the Core Tools and then click…the Design icon or the Create icon,…you'll see the Wireframe tool here in this location.…
It's really simple, it toggles on and off,…if I click Wireframe,…then pretty much everything in my model…becomes a wireframe of itself.…So you can see the terrain,…the homes, the roads, everything.…And it's handy for getting kind of…an x-ray look at the model.…Notice that I can see through the model,…I can see things that are underground,…like these pipes and inlets,…I can see through the building…and the cars on the other side.…I'll admit I don't use this view often,…but when I do need it, it comes in very handy,…kind of, like I said, take an x-ray of the model.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.