Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Sun & Sky settings, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] You'll be amazed to see…how much you can change the look of your model…by simply changing the time of day…or the weather conditions.…I want to bring up the Sun & Sky settings,…and I'll do that by clicking the presentation icon…and then Sun & Sky.…That brings up an asset card,…which actually is a really simple way to manipulate…what's going on in the sky…or with the lighting of the model.…The two sections are Date & Time…and then Wind & Clouds.…The sliders are really simple.…All I do is click and drag to change the time of the day,…and, as you can guess, as I get earlier into the morning,…the shadows get longer.…
The lighting of the overall model gets a bit darker…until I get into complete darkness.…As I roll the other way, the shadows get shorter…until I pass about noon, and then they get longer again…as I get closer to evening time.…Not only do the lengths of the shadows change…but also the angle of the sun…or the angle of the shadows themselves.…What we're dealing with here is an accurate sun model.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.