Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Style Rules, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] A style rule is a powerful tool…that can save you tons of time…if you know how to use it.…Let's see how to use a style rule…to randomize the homes in our development.…If you look at our model,…you can see that all of the houses are the same,…and I know that's different than…what you've seen in other proposals,…but I wanted to use this to demonstrate…how the style rule concept can be applied.…So let's just imagine that I'm just getting ready…laying out all the homes in…my residential development here,…and rather than take the time to make them all different…I just want to copy them around,…make them all the same,…and then maybe there's a quick and efficient way…to randomize the styles that are used.…
And that's exactly what we're after here…with a style rule.…So let me go ahead and open the style rules interface.…I'll go to my manage tab and you can see…the style rules icon here.…I'll simply click that and open the style rules panel.…You'll notice that there's a tab for all…of the different object types…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.