Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Style Rules, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- A style rule is a powerful tool that can save…you tons of time if you know how to use it.…Let's see how to use a style rule…to randomize the homes in our development.…I'll choose the bookmark called Phase 1…and that'll zoom us into our residential development.…Something you'll notice that's a bit odd about…our development is that all the homes look the same.…Now I know in the past videos, they are all different…and you may be wondering how did…I make them look all different?…Did I manually go in and change the style of each one?…Well I'd like to show you a very powerful way to do this…so that you only have to set it up once…and the key to this is something called style rule.…
So to get started, I'll open the core tools,…click the manage icon and then click the style rules icon.…That opens this palette that you see here…called style rules and currently it's open to…the City Furniture tab but as you can see,…there are tabs for all of the different…types of objects in InfraWorks 360.…It just so happens that these models…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.