Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Point Cloud Themes, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
Point clouds are another type of object…that you can apply a theme to in InfraWorks 360.…You can see over on the south side of our model,…we've got this dark point cloud…that is part of this proposal.…If we zoom in a bit,…we can see that this point cloud…pretty closely matches the surface of the ground…and even out into the surface of the water just a bit.…What can we do with this point cloud…to help us tell a story in the model?…Well, just like we saw with terrain and features,…we've also got point cloud themes…that kind of do a similar thing, but with point cloud data.…
To locate those point cloud themes,…we open the core tools.…We click the analysis icon and then point cloud themes.…If you watched the previous videos on feature themes…and terrain themes, you'll see that…the panel is very similar to that panel.…To get started, I'll click the green…plus sign to create a new theme.…Let's just say, to get started,…all we want to do is make our points one color.…Instead of black, how about a nice green color…since much of what they represent…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.