Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Point Cloud Themes, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Point clouds are another type of object…that you can apply a theme to…in InfraWorks 360.…Let's see how they work.…I'm in the Chapter 07 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Point Cloud.…Next I'll choose the Lynda Heights bookmark,…and that'll zoom me into an area…overlooking our development.…You can see the point cloud…along the left side of my view.…This is actually some coastal LIDAR data…that defines the shape of the land…in the area of the coastline.…
Now right now the point cloud appears…as just kind of like a black swarm…across the model, and the first thing I may want…to accomplish is to make it just look better.…So since I'm in a fairly rural area,…and a lot of what that point cloud represents…is vegetation, a good choice might be green.…So how do I just make a point cloud…a different color?…Well a point cloud theme can do just that for you.…How you get to them is you open the Core Tools…toolbar, click the Analyze icon,…and then click Point Cloud Themes.…
You can see a couple of themes…that have already been completed for you,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.