Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Edit mode, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Before we get into…editing objects in your model, it's important…that you understand edit mode.…Let's take a look.…I've selected a proposal called Edit_Roads_Gizmos.…It's a weird title, I know.…It'll make more sense a few videos from now.…I've also chosen the Lynda Heights bookmark,…which gives me the view that I'm looking at now.…The goal for this video is to help you understand…the difference between edit mode and select mode…and why you need to know the difference.…So, to illustrate this I'm going to zoom in a bit…and click on one of the roads in the model.…
Any road will do.…And, when I click on this road, I notice…that some gizmos pop up.…Purple box in this case.…Cyan cone in this case.…And that's a clue to me that tells me that I'm in edit mode.…If I were to exit edit mode, and there are a couple ways…to do that, I'll show you those right now.…One way is to right-click on the object…and select exit edit mode.…Or, I could also use one of these two buttons at the top…depending on which mode I'm in.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.