Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with Edit mode, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Before we get into to editing objects in your model,…it's important that you understand edit mode.…Let's Take a look.…I'm in the Ch 03 Lynda Heights model…and I've selected a proposal called Edit_Roads_Gizmos.…It's a strange name, I know, we'll learn about…what gizmos do soon enough.…I'm also going to choose a bookmark…called Lynda Heights.…And the important thing we need to cover in this video…is whether you're in edit mode or not.…Because if you're not in edit mode,…you can't do certain things.…
And actually when you're in edit mode it actually…prevents you from doing some other things.…So switching back and forth is an important…skill you need to know.…So first off, how do I know…if I'm in edit mode or not?…Well a really easy way to tell is…if you select an object like this road…and you don't see gizmos pop up,…weird little 3D shapes that look kind of like…rips in AutoCAD if you're familiar with those,…then it kind of tells you that you're not in edit mode.…Another indicator are these two icons…here on the utility bar.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.