Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with 3D Graphics settings, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- The 3D graphic settings are another place…where you can adjust the balance…between visual quality and performance.…Let's see how they work.…The first bookmark I'm going to select is called Distant…and it gives me a far away view of our development…and you may notice that right now…with the settings that I have…that there aren't any buildings visible.…So, to get started I'll go to the…Application Options command…which you'll find by clicking the Settings and Utilities…icon here at the top of your screen.…From within Application Options…I wanna go to the 3D Graphics Settings…and I'm going to the slide the dialogue…over to the right a bit so we can see…the model while we're making changes…because unlike the Model Generation settings…these changes take effect immediately.…
I don't even have to close the dialogue,…let alone regenerate the model.…Now, the first thing I'll point out is that we have…this master switch between Optimize for Speed…and Optimize for Quality.…So, the way this works is when…I choose Optimize for Speed,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.