Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a storyboard for analysis, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] If you watched the previous video,…you saw how the sun and sky settings can be used…to perform a shadow analysis.…If you combine this concept with the storyboard,…it becomes even more powerful.…I'm gonna open the storyboard creator…and you'll find that by clicking the presentation icon…and then storyboard creator.…We've been here before.…Going to create a new storyboard.…I'll do that by clicking the plus sign,…and I'm gonna call this storyboard "shadow analysis".…
And you can see we've got some completed versions of this…already in the model for you.…And we want to look at a special type of animation…for this storyboard.…So I'm going to click the drop down here,…and add a "date/time animation".…So now we've got our date/time animation in place…and if we look at the different settings here,…we can run our animation based on the time of day…or the day of the year.…So we're gonna start off with time of day.…And right now we're at day 150,…so counting January 1st as day one right on through…to December 31st which is day 365,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.