Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a storyboard for analysis, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- If you watched the previous video,…you saw how the sun and sky settings…can be used to perform a shadow analysis.…If you combine this concept with the…storyboard, it becomes even more powerful.…I'll choose the Phase 1 bookmark,…and I'd like to take a look at…using a storyboard to analyze…sun and shadow for my model.…So to get started, I'll open up…the storyboard creator, and to do…that, I'll first click the presentation…icon and then storyboard creator.…I'm going to undock my storyboard…so I can see a little bit more of it,…and I'll go ahead and create a brand…new storyboard by clicking this icon…here with the green plus sign.…
And I'm going to call this Shadow Analysis.…Now, it just so happens that storyboards…have a particular animation type that…is directly related to time of day…or date of the year, and it's this one…right here if I click this little…drop down next to the sun and cloud icon,…you'll see the add date time animation command.…So I'll go ahead and click that,…and it adds that animation to the storyboard.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.