Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using profile view, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] If you've done any road design before…in a program like Civil 3D, then you know…that you spend a lot of time designing in profile view.…That's one of the things that sets design roads…in InfraWorks 360 apart from the sketch roads.…The ability to design in profile.…Let's see how it works.…I'm actually going to orbit the model around a bit,…so that I can take a look at this portion of road, here.…I'm going to click the road to highlight it…and because of the limited amount of screen space I have,…I'm going to un-pin the stack, in this case.…
Next, I'm going to bring up profile view,…and I'll show you two ways to do that.…The first is to open the road design tools,…click the scale icon…and then the very first tool is profile view.…The other way you can do it is you can right-click…on a PVI, or PVC/PVT point…and you'll see a "show profile view" command…that you can launch.…Either one will lead to the same result,…and that's the opening of the profile view panel.…Now, mine is currently docked.…
You can un-dock the profile view panel…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.