Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Narrator] If you have access to and have downloaded the Exercise files, notice where I extracted mine, to the Desktop. And if we go into the Exercise files directory or folder here we'll notice that they're not organized according to chapter. The reason being is all of our exercise information is located in one Infoworks model. And so that Infoworks model is in our first folder here it's numbered 253582. And if we go inside there we see the sqlite file there.
That is our Infoworks model. So when we open up Autodesk Infoworks we can go to that file right there, Hwy129, and be able to open up our exercise model in Infoworks. Of course, the file and the folder have to be together. And the reason why we have this name is because once we've opened it Autodesk actually takes a copy of that model and puts it into your document location. That is your model there and then of course it will sync it to the Cloud if you choose to do so.
We do have some additional exercise information, such as when we import additional data. We have some Data Source files here. As well as when we create a style and we put a material image to that tile or style, I should say. As well as some exercise files where we interact with Civil 3D and Infoworks and that's of course named according to chapter and what we're working with in that exercise at that time. Now, let's take a look at how we can interact with our exercises within Infoworks.
I go to Infoworks here. My Hwy129.sqlite exercise model is open and we're going to talk about this more in the User Interface, but notice we have a bunch of proposals listed here. And these proposals are how we work with our exercises. So at the beginning of every exercise video we'll see at the bottom left here which proposal to go to. Once we know which proposal to go to we'll switch to that proposal and the exercise video in the introduction will explain this as well.
We will also then click on the proposal selection again and choose Add. We can Add a new proposal just for the exercise we're working with, so in this case we might make it SizeNetwork_Exercise or something similar to that. The key here is that we have a different name and that saves that proposal of start that we can go back to at any point and re-do the exercise again. Once we have all of this we'll be ready to go.
We have all of our exercise files in place. We understand how to use the exercise files and we can begin the course. Now, if you don't have access to the exercise files please feel free to follow along in the course as we work through the exercises together visually. Now that we have everything in place let's go ahead and begin our class.
- What is InfraWorks?
- Model Builder and Model Explorer
- Navigation tools
- Creating roads, buildings, land areas, and city furniture
- Using query tools
- Terrain and feature themes
- Working with styles
- Adding decorations
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage
- Creating a storyboard