Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Roadway Design: InfraWorks 360.
- If you're a premium member of the lynda.com library you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course. You can download the files from the Exercise Files tab on the main page for this course. When you've completed the download you will find a folder named Exercise Files. And within it will be the InfraWorks model named Lynda Road. To open this model, from the start page of InfraWorks click the Open icon, and browse to the location where you stored the Exercise Files folder, in my case, my desktop.
Then Exercise Files, and then click Lynda Road.sqlite and click Open. When you open the model you'll find that it has multiple proposals and that each of these proposals goes along with a video within the course. At the beginning of each video you will be told which proposal to select. After you've opened this model for the first time, you'll find it listed under Local Models on the start page of InfraWorks.
And you can simply click the icon or the name, Lynda Road, to open the model to do another video. If you don't have access to the exercise files you can follow along from scratch, or use your own files. Okay. Let's get started.
- Understand the capabilities of the Roadway Design module
- Converting spline roads to design roads
- Editing with gizmos and Profile view
- Leveraging advanced features such as style zones, intersections, and roadside grading
- Analyzing and optimizing road designs