Learn how you can use the course's exercise files which contain examples.
- [Lynda] If you have access to the exercise files used throughout this course, you can download them from the exercise file tab on the main page for the course. When you've completed the download, you will find a compressed folder called bridge design for Infraworks 2019.2. Once you've extracted that, you will see three folders: Bridge_Design_Final, IPT_to_Infraworks, and RVT_from_Infraworks. Within Bridge_Design_Final are all of the models themselves. Within IPT_to_Infraworks are the inventor files that we'll be using.
And within RVT_from_Infraworks are the Revit files that we will be using later on in the course as well. In order to open these up within Infraworks, it's a simple matter of just clicking the open button and then navigating to Bridge_Design_Final, and choosing your model as you need. You'll open up the SQLite files as you need to. We'll be working on different models throughout the course, along with different design proposals and bookmarks.
I'll state which I'm using at the beginning of each video, to signify where you need to be in the model if you're following along with me. Please remember that whilst we'll be performing the same steps and actions, you'll be drawing your own sketches, and it's very highly unlikely that they will be exactly the same as mine. The principles do remain the same though.
- Preparing a road for parametric bridge design
- Modifying a bridge in InfraWorks
- Drawing a bridge on a component road
- Adding bridge decorations
- Changing road assemblies on bridges
- Performing line girder analysis on a bridge
- Working with parametric components in InfraWorks and Inventor