Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Utility Bar, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Let's jump into an InfraWorks model…and begin looking at the user interface.…We'll begin with the Utility bar.…I'll go ahead and open a model,…and the way I'll do this is I'll click the Open tool…on the toolbar and browse to my Desktop,…and then Exercise Files.…You'll see a series of sqlite files,…one for each chapter in this course.…Since we're in chapter 1, we'll pick the…Ch 01 Lynda Heights.sqlite file.…I'll click Open, and in a few seconds the model…should open right up.…
We want to focus our attention…on this black bar at the top of the screen.…This is called the Utility bar.…And you'll find that this bar is always visible,…and there are commands available up here…that you'll always find useful regardless…of which part of the software you're using,…or what you happen to be doing.…I'll just work through them from left to right.…If you've watched the previous video,…we talked about the Sign On menu,…and this is actually the exact same menu.…You can access your Autodesk 360 Profile,…the Application Options, where you'll see a lot of settings…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.