Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Terrain Themes, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Terrain Themes are a great way…to get a quick visual analysis of the nature…of the terrain in your model.…I'm going to jump right in…and launch the Terrain Themes command.…And I'll do that by opening the Core Tools,…clicking the analyze icon,…and then Terrain Themes, which is right at the top.…We've got a few here that are already completed for us.…We're going to create those from scratch right now.…I'll click the plus sign to create a new theme…and I'm going to call this, Elevation.…Notice that there are a few different analysis types…I can chose from, Elevation, Aspect, and Slope.…
For now, we're gonna focus on an elevation analysis,…with the idea being we're going to color code…different bands of the terrain,…based on what elevation range they fall in.…And you can see it's automatically picked up…some minimums and maximums for us.…- 2.76,…up to 17.38.…Notice we only have one distribution choice,…and that's equal.…Then we can chose the number of rules…or the number of ranges that we're going to delineate.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.