Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Terrain Statistics, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] One of the most important…and most costly aspects of a land development project…is the amount of earth that must be moved to build it.…For this reason you'll need to measure the amount…of cut and fill for your designs.…Let's see how that's done using terrain statistics.…What we're interested in knowing right now…is how much cut and fill is required…to build this development.…Now if you're wondering what cut and fill is,…just image the earth that has to be moved…in order to build this development.…There are places where we're going to scoop…earth out of the ground, and there are places…where we're going to place earth on the ground,…and the places where we scoop it out are called cuts,…and the places where we empty it out…on the ground are called fills.…
In the perfect situation the amount of cut…and the amount of fill are equal,…meaning that we don't have to bring earth into the site,…and we don't have to take earth away and dispose of it.…That almost never happens perfectly,…but we try to get it as closely as we can.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.