Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Terrain Statistics, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- One of the most important and most costly aspects…of a land development project is the amount of earth…that must be moved to build it.…For this reason, you'll need to measure the amount…of Cut and Fill for your designs.…Let's see how that's done using Terrain Statistics.…I'll choose the Lynda Heights Plan Bookmark…and that will zoom me into a plan view of my model.…Now what I'd like to know is How much Cut…and Fill will it take to build the development…as I've currently got it designed.…Now if you're unfamiliar with the terms Cut and Fill,…you can think of Cut as an adding up…of all the scoops that it takes…and the Fill being all of the dumps that it takes…to build a project.…
So just think about taking a backhoe or a trackhoe…out on the site and you're going to scoop dirt…out of some places and dump it in others.…Well, the scoops are Cuts and the dumps are Fills…and we add up all the scoops and we get a Cut number.…And we add up all the dumps and we get a Fill number.…And that tells us a lot about how much it's going…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.