Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Sun & Sky for analysis, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- You may not think of the sun and sky settings…as an analysis tool, but they can definitely…be used that way.…Let's see how these tools can be put to use…to answer questions about your model.…Now you might be wondering why the road…is green in this case, or all of the roads are green,…and if you think back two videos,…if you've been watching the videos in succession,…you remember that we ran a feature theme that said…that all of the minor roads are to be colored green,…so that's where that's coming from,…and if you'd like to turn that off,…you can open your core tools,…go to the analysis tool,…pick feature themes, and just uncheck the box…next to major roads,…and that will take the green coloring away.…
Now for the task at hand.…Let's say we're in a meeting with our community…or maybe the people that are looking to buy…some of these homes,…and a concern is raised about this tree line,…and the height of the trees and how much shadows…they're going to cast.…Maybe some people are worried that their back yards…are going to be in shadow all the time…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.