Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Range Finder, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Range Finder is a simple but handy tool…that lets you determine the location of an object…in relation to where you're standing on the model.…Let's see how it works.…I also would like you to, if you haven't…from the previous video, to go into Application Options…and make sure that your Display Detail…is dialed the whole way up to high.…Clicked on 3-D graphics, change Display Detail to high.…That's to ensure that we can see the buildings…and other objects in our development…from this distance away.…
So, to get started…I'll actually launch the Range Finder tool.…I'll click the Core icons, the Analyze your model icon,…and then Range Finder is here.…It looks like a circle with crosshairs in the center.…I'll launch the tool, and I notice that my crosshairs…are accompanied by a red rectangle…with its own set of crosshairs.…And when I place the crosshairs in the sky…I don't get any kind of readings,…but when I come down to the terrain…I start to see values appear.…
So I can use this to point it at an object…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.