Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Range Finder, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- Range Finder is a simple, but handy tool…that let's you determine the location of an object…in a relation to where you're quote unquote…standing on the model.…I've chosen the proposal called Analysis.…Next I'll choose the bookmark called RangeFinder,…and that places me on a hilltop some distance away…from our development.…So maybe I've been asked, "How far is it from this location…"to where our development is?"…And we've learned in a previous video…that we can use Point-to-Point Distance or Path Distance…to determine that.…
And Range Finder is another way to figure out…the location of an object from where you're standing.…So I'll launch the tool by first opening…the core tools toolbar,…then clicking the Analyze icon,…and then clicking Range Finder.…When I do that I get a red crosshair…that follows my cursor around the screen…and when I place that over an object…I start to get readings.…So you can think of this kind of like shining…a laser beam across the model.…It's not going to give me a reading…unless there's something to stop the laser beam…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.