Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Feature Themes, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] If you watched the last video…about terrain themes,…you may have been thinking,…wow, that's great,…I wish I could do that for other objects in InfraWorks 360.…Well, you can and the key is the use of feature themes.…I'm in the chapter seven Lynda Heights model.…I've chosen the proposal called analysis…and the bookmark called Lynda Heights.…And what we'd like to do in this video,…is identify the major roads in the model,…whether they're existing, proposed,…doesn't matter, we just want to identify the major roads.…And the way we're gonna do that…is by distinguishing between the number of lanes…that major roads have, versus minor roads.…
So let's see how it works.…I'm going to open the Feature Themes tool,…and to do that, I'll click my core tools,…click the analysis icon,…and the Feature Themes icon is this second one in the list.…Right now, my Feature Themes window is undocked.…You're probably seeing it over here, like this, on the side.…You can see that there's a completed version…of what we're about to do, already in the model.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.