Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating the model thumbnail, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] At some point you may want to…change the image on the InfraWorks 360 homescreen…that represents the tile for your model.…Let's see how that's done.…For example, this chapter two Lynda Heights tile…really is a zoomed back version that doesn't tell us…a whole lot about what this project is about.…So how do we reset that image to…whatever we want?…Well, I'll switch back to the model…which I actually already have open…so it's going to flip back rather quickly…and all I have to do is…set the view to what I want…and then take a snapshot of that view…using the thumbnail command.…
So to do that,…I'm going to use a bookmark.…I'll click the dropdown…and choose the Lynda Heights bookmark…and that's going to zoom us into the area…that we'll be developing later on in the course…at the top of the hill.…Now all I have to do is click the thumbnail icon…and just like that,…InfraWorks 360 takes a snapshot of whatever I currently see…on the screen.…So now if I switch back to InfraWorks 360 home,…the image on the tile is updated.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.