Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating the model thumbnail, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- At some point you may want to change the image…on InfraWorks Home that represents the tile for your model.…Let's see how that's done.…You can see that I'm on InfraWorks Home right now…and if we take a look at the tile image for…Chapter 2 Lynda Heights, we see that it's kind of…a small image and it represents the whole model at once.…So maybe we want something that's a better representation…of the area that we're developing in the model.…I happen to have the Lynda Heights model…open in the background, so actually I can click…the "Go Back to Chapter 2 Lynda Heights" icon here.…
This is a good time to talk about flipping back and forth…between Home and the model,…and you can see how that happens instantaneously.…Once I open the model, it stays open in the background,…and when I switch to Home, it still stays open,…allowing me to switch back and forth very quickly.…So back to the task at hand, we want to change that image…on InfraWorks Home, so how do I do that?…It's actually pretty easy.…The first thing I need to do is pick a view…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.