Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding proposals, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Throughout this course,…we've been using proposals as a means…to get ya started at the right point for each video.…Although that works great for our purposes,…proposals are actually intended for…something completely different.…Let's take a look at what that is.…Now the master proposal's interesting,…in that it's in every single model,…and you can't even delete it.…It's the very first proposal that you'll see…when you create a model for the first time.…It's kind of like layer zero in AutoCAD.…It's always there and you can't remove it.…And like layer zero, you can draw on the…master proposal if you wish, but really,…it's best to keep it as a pristine version…of the existing conditions.…
So, in other words, each time you wanna…create some new design elements in your model,…you'll create a new proposal from master,…and then draw roads, buildings,…whatever the case may be, in that proposal,…always keeping master as existing, as pristine,…and you can always go back to it as a…starting point for a new proposal.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.