Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the InfraWorks 360 model: Proposed features, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] So, how do the things you create…fit into your InfraWorks 360 model?…Let's take a look at some design features,…and while we're at it, we'll also discuss model explorer…and see how it can be used to better understand the model.…I'm going to restore a bookmark entitled Hotel Lynda,…and that will zoom me into this area here.…Now, there's a lot of stuff going on in this view…and there's actually two types of objects,…or two categories of objects in this view.…The first category we already talked about…and those are the existing features…or context features that are derived from…data sources that we bring into the model.…
And we learned about that in the previous video.…If I click on the data sources icon here,…we see the data sources panel and we see items like…imagery and railways and roads and those sorts of things.…But we also see in this view, some design features.…For example, this building.…This dark or black pavement area,…which is called a coverage area.…Same with the grass here, that's also a coverage area.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.