Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the InfraWorks 360 model: Existing features, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] If this is your first time working…with InfraWorks 360, it probably seems very foreign,…and maybe even kind of mysterious at this point.…Let's break down the InfraWorks 360 model…and get better understanding of what we're looking at.…We'll start by looking at data sources,…data that is brought into the model from outside,…as opposed to data we create in the model…that results from our design activities.…I'll start by restoring a bookmark in the model.…And the one I want to restore is called Rincon Point to LH.…
LH stands for Lynda Heights.…And the reason this bookmark is called that is…because we're looking over Rincon Point,…and Lynda Heights is going to be a development that happens…on this hilltop right here.…For now it's an undeveloped area,…but later on in the course,…we're actually gonna work on developing it.…A good way to get started is to open the Data Sources panel.…To do that I'll need to expand the orange I Core Tools icon,…and then click the Manage icon, then click Data Sources,…and a panel will open on the right side of the model.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.