Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Steel Plate Girder bridge, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] In our last exercise we created a pre-cast concrete girder bridge and we saw all the different settings that give us control over our design of the bridge. Well in this exercise we're going to create a Steel Plate Girder Bridge and we're going to see that we even have more settings, more control over our design. We're going to go to our design, review and engineer bridges, when they fly out we're going to choose design bridges and choose Steel Plate Girder Bridge. Before we do that, notice I'm in the PrecastBridge Start proposal.
We're going to create a new proposal, come down to add, this will be a SteelBridge_End proposal. What we do, we're going to choose a Steel Plate Girder Bridge. Select a start station, go ahead and pick here. It says, "Enter the number." I'm just going to type in 700, of course I can graphically select it as well. It's feet, going 400 feet in length. Once I have that press enter, and it goes ahead and creates that bridge.
Cuts the component road into or removes the section there of the component road and replaces it with bridge component. And notice, we have our girders, just as we did before, or our piers, I should say, just as we did before and we have the ability to move them, but also, for the actual girder, we have control over the elements of the girders. How many girders do we have for the bridge? The exterior steel and the girder type used for the exterior steel versus the interior, and you pick on one of these images, it's not just a picture, we have control over all the different properties of the girder itself.
For the exterior girder, we can make adjustments to the different widths or thicknesses of our exterior as well as our interior. Anytime we just pick on the image it will open up the properties pallet as well as an image that kind of guides us through the different settings as well. We have the ability to truly design an accurate bridge using steel girders in InfraWorks.
- What is InfraWorks?
- Model Builder and Model Explorer
- Navigation tools
- Creating roads, buildings, land areas, and city furniture
- Using query tools
- Terrain and feature themes
- Working with styles
- Adding decorations
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage
- Creating a storyboard