Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the Model Extent, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] One thing you'll want to take care of…as soon as possible when building a new model,…is setting the model extent.…Let's see how it's done.…I'm in the chapter two Linda Heights Model…and I'm going to choose a proposal called Terrain.…In this proposal, the aerial imagery has already been…imported, so it looks a lot like the end of…the previous video where you brought in this imagery.…So, what we want to do is set the extents of the model…to be, kind of a subset of this imagery.…Right now the model extents are the entire planet basically,…and that can cause problems with the performance…of the model, if you don't shrink those extents down…to just the area that you want to work within.…
So this is a big help to getting the performance up to…the level where you want it to be.…Another reason this is a good time to set the model extents,…is that we have the imagery as a guide to tell us where…our project actually is.…Just imagine trying to figure out where we want…the model extents, if we didn't have anything to reference.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.