Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Set the Model Extent, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- One thing you'll want to take care of…as soon as possible when building…a new model, is setting the model extent.…Let's see how it's done.…I'm in the Chapter 02 Lynda Heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called Terrain,…and in this proposal, the imagery has been imported.…But that's all at this particular point.…The reason that's important to point out…is that the imagery gives me enough information…to know where my project boundaries are.…
Where do I need to show data in my model?…Because I'm going to want to shrink that…down as small as I can so that my…computer isn't having to work extra-hard…to generate data way out in the fringes…where I really don't need it.…So if I zoom in to the model a bit,…I know that the area that I'm interested in…studying is about here, I'm drawing…an imaginary box with my cursor.…So I want to set the model extent…to that box, rather than, again,…forcing the computer to think about data…outside the box that I don't need it to think about.…
And the reason this is so important,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.