Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Retrieve data from the National Map Viewer, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- There are many ways to acquire data that you can use…to build out the existing conditions of your model.…For the United States, the National Map Viewer is a great…free resource that can get you started.…I'm going to start in a browser on the Google page…and just type in National Map Viewer.…Click the result that comes up and then click the tile…on the right for the new download client.…This is kind of a 2.0 version of the National Map Viewer…which I find quite useful.…
I'll start by typing in the name of the location.…So that's Carpinteria, California.…Click the search hit, find the marker that shows…the location that I'm interested in,…and I'll go ahead and zoom into the area…that I want to gather data for.…So you probably recognize Rincon Point here…and I'm going to look at gathering data…for a rectangular area in this location here.…So next I can choose what types of data I want to look for.…
And for our example here I want to look for elevation data,…so I'm going to pick elevation products.…And I want a certain file type.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.