Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Retrieve data from the National Map Viewer, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- There are many ways to acquire data…that you can use to build out…the existing conditions of your model.…is a great free resource that can get you started.…As you can see, I'm on the national map viewer site.…It's http://viewer.nationalmap.gov.…And I'm looking at the United States.…To get started I'll type in a search location.…In this case Carpinteria, CA.…I'll click search and I'll be zoomed…right into the location that I've chosen.…
If you watched the previous video…you recall that the area we're focusing on…is a little bit to the east of Carpinteria,…so I'll simply pan over with my left mouse button.…And the area we're looking at developing…is actually here on this little mountain top.…So next I need to define the area…that I want to go out and retrieve data for.…And the way that I like to do this,…there are a number of different ways to do this…with national map viewer.…The one that I've gotten used to is to click this…download icon and then choose the first option,…which is to define a bounding box…to define the boundaries of where…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.