Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Performing a watershed analysis, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] As a designer for a land development project…one of the most important pieces of information…you'll need to obtain is how much storm flow is expected…at critical points at or near the development.…Let's see how a watershed analysis helps you achieve this.…Now we're not quite at the location of our development.…You can see our development here but maybe one of the things…that the town is concerned about with this new development…is an area of the road that's been known to have flooding…or erosion issues because of this creek…running through here.…
Now we've actually redesigned this area.…The road used to come up and kind of snake along,…cross the stream, and come back around to this location…and tie in so we've taken out that section of the road…and created a connector between these two roads…that's much straighter.…So what used to be a very windy road is now a straight shot…across from one side to the other.…Of course we're crossing the creek as well…and we need to consider…whether we need a bridge in this area or a culvert.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.