Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Operating the user interface, part of Up and Running with InfraWorks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- InfraWorks sports a beautiful and exciting…immersive user interface.…Let's take a look at how to get around in this interface…so that you can find the commands and functions you need…to create and modify your model.…I'm on the Start page of InfraWorks and…I'd like to start with opening a model.…To do that, I can either click the model name here…in the preview, or I can click Open.…I'll click Open and browse to the Exercise Files folder…on my desktop and choose the Ch 01…Hotel Lynda.sqlite file and click open.…
I mentioned earlier the immersive…user interface of InfraWorks, and to show you…a little bit more of how that looks and feels,…I'm going to zoom in to the model just a bit.…I'll do that by rolling my center wheel…of the mouse forward.…Now you can see what I mean by the…immersive user interface.…The model itself and my view of the model…takes up more space than anything.…My view is not crowded with lots of menus and toolbars.…The user interface really gets out of the way…of the work that I need to do.…
Now, there are, of course, some user interface…
- Working within the InfraWorks environment
- Building a model of existing conditions
- Creating a new design with roads, coverage, and buildings
- Add detail with trees, water features, and points of interest
- Using styles to change the appearance of your design
- Presenting your design
- Analyzing your design
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
Up and Running with Civil 3Dwith Jon Michael Roberts2h 31m Beginner
1. Work within the InfraWorks Environment
2. Establish Existing Conditions
3. Create Your Design
4. Add Detail
5. Create and Apply Styles
6. Present Your Design
7. Analyze Your Design
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.