Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating using the mouse, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] So if you've been a little frustrated…watching the previous videos because you just can't…figure out how I'm navigating throughout the model,…let's get that cleared up.…And we'll start with how to navigate using the mouse.…Now, the mouse is by far the most common way…you're going to move about the model,…and that's a simple place to start,…because a mouse only has three buttons,…so we can break this down into three groups of functions.…I'm gonna start with the center mouse button,…mostly because I'm zoomed way out in the model,…and using the center mouse button and rolling it…is the way to zoom in,…it's the most effective way, or easiest way to zoom in.…
So I'm just going to roll the mouse wheel forward,…and it's important to note that where my cursor is…at the time that I roll it forward…is going to determine where I zoom in to.…It kind of anchors that point to the view as I'm zooming in.…So if I place my cursor near the building,…then I will zoom into the building.…On the other hand,…if I place my cursor over here on this mountain top,…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.