Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating using the ViewCube, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] The ViewCube is a great way…to navigate your model.…Especially if you're already familiar with it…from using other Autodesk products.…Let's take a look.…One of my favorite uses of the ViewCube…is to simply be able to tell which direction…I'm looking at while I'm looking at the model.…So for example, right now I'm looking…down the coastline, and since I'm on…the west coast of the United States,…I might expect that I'm looking South.…But in reality, I'm looking East.…And if I look at the ViewCube, that tells me just that.…
The letter W is close to me,…the E is on the other side of the ViewCube.…I'm looking East right now, so this coastline…must bend around and point out in an Easterly direction.…So that's an interesting and very useful…capability of the ViewCube that you can take…advantage of without even manipulating the ViewCube.…But what happens if you do manipulate it?…Well, anything you do to the…ViewCube also happens to the model.…So if I orbit it around, the same…thing happens to the model.…And you may notice that as I'm moving…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.