Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating by selection, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] In larger, more complex models,…it can simply be hard to find what you're looking for.…Navigation by selection can be a slick way to do just that.…Before we get into this demonstration,…I want to return to Home View.…If you're continuing from the previous exercise…or previous video you may want to do this.…So I'll click the Home icon and you'll notice…that things look a bit washed out for me.…That's because I still have surface opacity turned on,…so again, if you recall from the previous video,…if we expand the orange tool bar,…go to the Draw set of tools,…and I can toggle off Surface Opacity there.…
So that kind of gets me back…to the normal view that we're looking at.…So what I want to show you now is the ability…to use some of the zoom to selection tools…that are out there, and the simplest one I'll show you…is that you can simply double click an object…and InfraWorks 360 will zoom you into it.…So if I double click this 3D object representing…a cruise ship, InfraWorks 360 will take me right…into that object, and you can see that it's even selected.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.