Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating by selection, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- In larger, more complex models,…it can simply be hard to find what you're looking for.…Navigation by selection can be a slick way to do just that.…And the first thing I want to show you is really simple,…I want to show you that you can double-click to navigate…to an object or to a spot on the model.…So here floating in the water we have our cruise ship…and I can actually double-click on that object…and it will zoom me into that object.…So that's a simple way of zooming by selection,…but it also works kind of out in the open.…
I can double-click on this mountaintop…and even though there aren't any object there to select,…it will zoom me into that location.…What I really want to show you in this video is…what if you've got a model with lots of objects in it,…and you want to find that one building…or that one fire hydrant in a sea of objects?…Now for this to work, you have to organize your objects…by name, style, or some way of identifying them…if you're going to select them based on those properties.…
For example, if I go into the data sources panel,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.