Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating the model using the ViewCube, part of Up and Running with InfraWorks.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- You may already know how to navigate…an InfraWorks model using your mouse,…but have you ever tried using the ViewCube?…Let's explore how the ViewCube…can be a very effective way…to change your perspective of the model.…To begin this exercise, I've opened…the Chapter 01 Hotel Lynda model.…I've also chosen the Chapter 01 proposal,…and to get started I'm going to press…the Home key on my keyboard,…just so you and I are starting…from the same view of the model.…Now, let's take a look at the way the ViewCube functions…or, first of all, where is it located…in my user interface.…
You'll see it up here in the top right corner of my view.…And if you've used the ViewCube…in other Autodesk products, like AutoCAD or Revit,…then you're already probably familiar…with how it functions.…But in case you're not, let's take a look.…The first thing to know about the ViewCube…is that whatever you do to the ViewCube…will happen to your model.…So, if you click and drag on the ViewCube…to orbit it in a certain direction,…the exact same thing will happen…
- Working within the InfraWorks environment
- Building a model of existing conditions
- Creating a new design with roads, coverage, and buildings
- Add detail with trees, water features, and points of interest
- Using styles to change the appearance of your design
- Presenting your design
- Analyzing your design
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD 2015 Essential Trainingwith Scott Onstott8h 35m Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
Up and Running with Civil 3Dwith Jon Michael Roberts2h 31m Beginner
1. Work within the InfraWorks Environment
2. Establish Existing Conditions
3. Create Your Design
4. Add Detail
5. Create and Apply Styles
6. Present Your Design
7. Analyze Your Design
Next steps1m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.