Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating with the ViewCube, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- The ViewCube is a great way…to navigate your model,…especially if you're already familiar with it…from using other Autodesk products.…Let's take a look.…The ViewCube is in the top right corner,…and you can see it here in this location.…What's neat about the ViewCube is that…anything I do to the model…will also happen to the ViewCube, and vice versa.…So, if you watched the previous video,…we talked about using your mouse to navigate.…So if I use the mouse to orbit my model,…I can see the same thing happening to the View Cube,…and it really gives me a sense of…what I'm looking at.…
In fact, if I look at the compass ring here,…it even tells me what direction I'm looking in,…so as I'm navigating the model,…and I find I use this quite a bit,…I can look up at the ViewCube and say,…"Oh, I'm looking East right now",…because I can see the W for West.…I can's see the E, it's on the other side of the cube,…so I know I'm looking in the direction of East.…Now that's using the ViewCube to show us what…the results of our navigation have been.…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.