Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking underground, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes your model will include…underground features, like foundations or underground pipes.…Let's take a look at some important settings that allow you…to see these things underground.…To get started, I'm going to restore a bookmark…named simply Undergound.…So you can do that from your bookmarks menu.…And you'll notice that I'm beneath ground looking up…toward the building,…and I can see some underground structures.…Namely, a manhole and some pipes.…Now I'm also looking up through the underside…of the ground surface, which has actually disappeared.…
So what you're looking at may be a little confusing…until you realize that the ground surface has disappeared…but I'm seeing some solid objects in the models like curbs…and lightpoles, trees, and the building.…So let's kind of, break apart what the different settings…are that allow this to be possible.…And in fact, you may have found a completely different look…when you restored that bookmark.…The first thing we'll look at is the ability to even look…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.