Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking underground, part of InfraWorks 2016 Essential Training.
- Sometimes your model will include underground features,…like foundations or underground pipes.…Let's take a look at some important settings…that allow you to see these things underground.…I'm going to click a bookmark called "Underground."…Now depending on how you have your settings configured…you may not see the same thing I do.…I'll go ahead and click the bookmark.…And you can see that it takes me to a view of some pipes…and a manhole underground.…This is a concrete manhole…and some concrete pipes connecting to it.…
I want to talk about some key settings…that make this possible.…So I'll click the gear and wrench icon,…"Settings and Utilities."…And on this toolbar is the application options command.…And I'm particularly interested in this navigation section.…There's one really important setting on here…and it's the one that you see here.…For me to go underground on a model…I have to make sure that this lock mouse navigation…above ground is turned off.…
Let me show you what happens when it's turned on.…I'll click "Okay" and if I try to orbit the model…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.