Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Import vector data, part of InfraWorks Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- For most models, you will need to add vector data…such as roads, buildings and water features, to name a few.…Let's take a look at the differences…between vector data and other types of data…while we learn how to add vector data to the model.…I'm in the chapter two lynda heights model,…and I've chosen a proposal called roads,…and in this proposal, we've already added…the imagery and the terrain.…What we'd like to do next is add some road information,…and that happens to be vector data.…
And it's handled a little bit differently from…the terrain and imagery that we've added so far.…Terrain and imagery is kind of one solid piece of data,…for lack of a better way to describe it.…The imagery, for example, you can't click it and change it,…I can't click a tree on the image…and move it to a different location.…Or I can't zoom in and click on…this building and change its outline.…It's rastered, it's pixelated, it's one contiguous…piece of data across the whole model.…
The same is true of the terrain,…it's kind of one solid piece of data,…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
Basic Roadway Design with Civil 3Dwith Eric Chappell2h 47m Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.