Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Import terrain data, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- Terrain Data is a very important aspect of your model.…After all, it defines the shape of the earth,…the very thing that you're redefining…as you build your design.…Let's take a look at how to add…terrain data to your model.…I'm in the "Chapter Two - Lynda Heights" model…and I've chosen a proposal called "Terrain".…The easiest way to add our terrain data to the model…is to simply drag and drop it.…So, I'm going to open up Windows Explorer…and I'll browse to the "Data Sources" folder…and within the "Data Sources" folder…is a "Terrain" folder.…
And then you'll find another folder named "n35w120".…This was the way the folder downloaded…from the national map viewer,…and inside that folder you'll see…a whole series of files.…The only one you need to worry about…is the one at the top here which is the ".img" file.…You'll notice it's the biggest file in the list.…And to add this data source, all I need to do…is drag and drop…into my Infraworks model.…
Infraworks will automatically open the…data source configuration dialogue…
- Exploring the InfraWorks interface
- Creating new models
- Importing imagery, terrain data, and more
- Creating and editing roads, coverages, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Styling your world with material and road styles
- Adjusting view settings
- Creating a snapshot, storyboard, or animation
- Rendering your model
- Analyzing your design
- Sharing the model
Skill Level Beginner
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Add Detail to Your World
5. Change the Look of Your World
6. Present Your World
7. Analyze Your World
8. Share Your World
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.