Join Josh Modglin for an in-depth discussion in this video Feature themes, part of InfraWorks 360 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Another type of theme that's available within InfraWorks is, based upon the features that we have within our InfraWorks model, and taking the different types of values within that feature and providing some type of thematic setup, taking those values. Now, we have, of course, our highway 129 model that we have open, our Feature Themes_Start proposal layout is set, and the only difference between this proposal and others, is we have made a change to one of the data imports that we have.
So, I'm going to come to "Create and manage" and we're going to look at our data source here. And I've configured the parcels not to be parcel objects but to be a feature type named, "Coverage Areas." So, instead of this segment edges, we're establishing more of a spacial parcel enclosed area. And so that's the only difference between this and other proposals. And I'm going to close that down. Let's go ahead and create a feature theme. So, I'm going to come to the "Analyze model" sub menu of our "Build, manage, and analyze infrastructure model" menu.
We're going to choose Feature Themes. And we're going to create a new Feature Theme. The theme, of course, will be "LinkedIn." And the feature that we are going to create that theme off of is, "Coverage Areas." Now, you could do it from buildings and other things, we're going to do it by coverage areas and we're going to take a property of "Description." Now, what we've done is we've mapped, just like we did with "Name," we mapped the description of the coverage area to the shape file information that reads the zoning code for each parcel.
And so you notice, the minimum and maximum values already show up. They're simply zoning code or zoning index for the different types of parcels that we have. And instead of creating a number of rules, we're just going to say every single zone, the individual values of those zoning types will be a different color. And we'll take advantage of this palette type, of course give it a little bit of transparency and go ahead and click, "Okay." And you quickly see the different types of zoning within our area.
Of course, we have our little project here. It's in M1 that you can quickly and easily identify that we are bounded by commercial on one side and of course we have our creek on this side. So, it was kind of empty. But then we'll also have a different type of commercial and bounding on the upper eastern portion of our properties. So, we have all these different adjoining zones adjacent to us and we can quickly and easily see all of the different zones using this feature theme and applying it to the coverage areas and the settings that we have already linked in our coverage area configuration with our data import.
- What is InfraWorks?
- Model Builder and Model Explorer
- Navigation tools
- Creating roads, buildings, land areas, and city furniture
- Using query tools
- Terrain and feature themes
- Working with styles
- Adding decorations
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage
- Creating a storyboard