Join Eric Chappell for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing water features with right-click menus, part of InfraWorks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] There are few right click commands…that are especially helpful…when editing water features.…I'm going to orbit the model around a bit…so we can see the stream channel along the mountainside.…Now, I'm sorry to report…that we're not going to fix…the width of the stream just yet.…We're actually going to do it in the next video.…So just hang in there a little bit longer.…What we want to focus on in this video…is the use of right click menu commands.…I'll select the stream and right click.…And I notice that I'm not in edit mode…because I don't see any gizmos.…
So I'll select edit to get myself into edit mode.…Now if I right click while in edit mode,…I get the really useful editing commands,…such as add vertex, remove vertex, and split feature.…So as you might guess,…the add vertex command is for adding…one of these box gizmos to the stream.…Why would I want to do that?…So that I have a place to bend it.…To add a vertex,…all I need to do is right click the spot…where I want to add the vertex.…So it's important to know that.…
Plus, get an introduction to three advanced toolsets in InfraWorks 360: modeling road design, bridge design, and drainage design.
- Exploring the InfraWorks 360 interface
- Navigating an InfraWorks 360 model
- Using bookmarks
- Creating a new model
- Retrieving data and adding it to your model
- Working with coordinate systems
- Adding terrain, vector, and point cloud data
- Creating and editing roads, land areas, buildings, and pipelines
- Adding trees, water features, barriers, and city furniture
- Creating and applying styles
- Presenting your design with snapshots and storyboards
- Analyzing the model
- Sharing a model to enable collaboration
- Designing roads, bridges, and drainage systems
Skill Level Intermediate
Civil 3D 2016 Essential Trainingwith Jeff Bartels13h 49m Intermediate
1. Exploring the World of InfraWorks 360
2. Creating an Existing World
3. Redesigning Your World
4. Adding Detail to Your World
5. Changing the Look of Your World
6. Presenting Your World
7. Analyzing Your World
8. Sharing Your World
9. Introduction to Design Roads
10. Introduction to Bridge Design
11. Introduction to Drainage Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.